Scroll down in case of yellow bar
FINNISH AMERICAN CULTURAL CENTER IN ASHTABULA W.8th and Joseph Ave.
The 44 X 28 log structure is constructed on the former site of Sovinto Hall in the Ashtabula Harbor.
Sovinto Hall was built in 1897, and was then the largest wooden structure in Ohio. It was first used to house a temperance society, and then became a cultural and recreational center for first-and-second generation Finns.
By the 1960's, membership had dwindled to such an extent that it was no longer feasible to maintain the structure and it was demonlished by the city in 1961.